Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Lou's New Year 2008

It's 2008 and this year I will be somewhere about 7 years, human years which really makes me "over the hill" for a dog. I'll be eligible for my AARP membership! I hope they give doggie discounts.

Especially for my 50th dog year I have a nicely styled silver goatee. It goes perfectly with my auburn brown coat. There are a few specks of silver hair on my cute little face, but not enough to give my age away unless you look long enough to see my chin hair. I still run like a teenager. The rabbits love the chase and I think they purposely come into my territory to frustrate me! I don't really mind though, what really gets me is when the neighborhood dogs bark and Mom won't let me do the same. They all want me out there making noise along with them to scare those people coming down our walkway and sometimes I actually do get to make some noise. But when Mom hears me going on and on she'll call me in.....you know what that means, door shut and no fun. Oh well at least I get to pick up the scraps off the kitchen floor if she's making one of her tasty meals.

Personally I'm glad Christmas is over with...too much fuss! Do you know what it's like to have a perfectly good tree in the house and not be able to go up and sniff it? Let alone do a number on it like I would if I were outdoors? But no...I'm suppose to act like humans and enjoy the scent and all the decor when all I really want to do is dog stuff!! Then on Christmas day everybody goes in the room to open gifts and I have to sit in the corner pretending that I don't care one little bit. It's nerve wracking to see all those wrappers and bows all over the place, boxes and bags using up my space on the floor. After it gets picked up I'm so glad to have my floor back but then I'm not allowed in there because of that damn tree!!! It's all about the tree!!!

That's why I prefer the backyard. It's MY territory. While Winter is here it's great fun. The rabbits come out all the time looking for food and they don't even suspect me at all. I can sneak up on them anytime and chase them away.

My resolution this year is to have many treats, as many as possible to fill my tummy. Also I want to sneak more visits to my neighbor Doxie, Snickers. He's my buddy and I miss playing with him. Soon I'll be going over to his place and we'll hang out.

For now I must go and rest my tired little body. All this lying around has made me tired!!

Louie

No comments: